Wednesday 4 December 2013

BLAKE WEDDINGS



                                                             BLAKE WEDDINGS


                                                                THE MOTHER

                                                            
           
                                 Here are the daughters of Beatrice May Blake / nee Cumner

These are some of the weddings of the Blake family,  I thought it would be nice  to show you some photographs of their weddings, starting with my sister Iris.
                                                                                                                                               

                                                                     Sister Iris

                                                                              


                    This is my sister Iris and her husband bill, or William Griffiths,
                    the bridesmaid is Gloria Hawkins, and of course me Melvyn Blake

                                                                              


             These are my sisters Sylvia and Shirley, Bridesmaids for my sister Iris.
What you should know, is that in them days they use to make their own wedding and bridesmaids  dresses, ( in the background you can see the mast of H.M.S. Victory, ).
                                                                        
                                                           --------------------------------------





                                                                        Sister Marion

                                       Below is my sister Marion and her husband Ken Ross,
Mother stands on the far right, my sister Daisey in front of her, I am not to sure who the other bridesmaids are yet, I will try to find out their names.
                                                                                                                                        



                                  Again they made their own wedding and bridesmaid  dresses

                                                                           


                                                        --------------------------------------


Below is is my sister daisy and her husband Sid or Sidney Ross , (no relation to the other Ross, ).
my sister Iris is the Bridesmaid this time, and of course most of the family is there.
                                                                       

                                                                       Sister Daisey



                                                                              
                                                                                

                                  Mum, Shirley , Bill, Marion,  Edward, ken, Iris, George, Sylvia
                                                                Peter,  Ralph, Melvyn, Richard
                                                           and two little ones I'm not sure about


                                                     -------------------------------------------



This is my sister Sylvia and her first husband George, my sister Shirley is again one of the bridesmaids

                                                                      

                                                                        Sister Sylvia


                                                                                

As you can see the family is getting bigger  and older.
Lets just say we are all there.


I just had to show you the close up of my little sister. 
------------------------------------

  



This is the little girl in the last photograph all grown up and getting married herself, she married Peter Kendrick, a nice lad, but I did fell sorry for him, all five boys had gone up to him separately to warn him off, you know !! look after her or else !!.  poor boy?, but I will say, he has done a good job.



                                                 --------------------------------------------------


                                                                                 


          Well I could not leave myself or my wife out, so here we are , not dressed in white, but the choice was hers, and yet even after forty five years, I do feel guilty she did not have a white wedding.              
                                 

                                                     Perhaps she will have White the next time.


                      I will add more photographs of the rest of the boys when I get them .                               

No comments:

Post a Comment