Thursday 17 October 2013

My sister Rita

This is a photograph of my sister Rita when she Was 4 years old , picture her standing on the

Shingle just below the bridge to the Railway Station , people gathered up above casting

                                                          down money towards her


 .



After Mud larking we would go down the end of the wharf inside Portsmouth Harbour ,and on  the right hand side , it was more sand than mud , that is where we used to clean up our bodies and monies before we set off home , or to the shop to buy sweets .

A lot of people would often tell me at different times of my life ,how soft my face was, and how young I looked,(I still look good for my age, Just little too fat.) so I think mud has it's benefits .


On to the bottom of the Mudlarks statue with all the others that went before him, is the name of my brother Edward Blake .   I believe he is to be the last one to be put on the memory plaque but I must say, I had hoped to be placed there myself with my other brother Peter Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment